Friday, June 3, 2011

Thoughts for a Friday

1. John Edwards redefines "smarmy". He's been indicted. How nice for his family. He can just queue up behind other cheater men in politics like Bill, Newt, Mark, Eliot, Arnold, Rudy and Jim, to name only a very few. Great legacy, fellas.

2. I read today that Dr. Michael Kamrava, the one who was responsible for implanting twelve embryos (eight of which survived) into Nadya Suleman of "Octomom" fame, will be stripped of his California medical license as of July 1. My only comment...why the hell are they waiting until July 1?

3. I am so grateful for my husband. He's the best thing that has ever happened to my children and me.

4. How about those Vancouver Canucks, eh? Wednesday night, in Tulsa, Oklahoma, I had the Stanley Cup finals on my TV, during PRIME TIME! It made me unreasonably happy. I sang, "O Canada" at the start of the game along with the 20,000 fans in Rogers Arena. My children were fascinated . I was homesick.

5. New Zealand calls to my soul every, single, day. I can picture my children there. I can see my brother and sister-in-law tipping back a glass of Kiwi wine and enjoying the view from a Cromwell vineyard. I look forward to the day when I hang my freshly washed clothes out on the line for the first time. I know that sounds weird but there is something enormously satisfying about it that I can't explain.

6. It blows my ever loving mind that the press is following Sarah Palin around the country on her Mama Grizzly Family Vacation. I keep waiting for Alan Funt to jump out and tell the nation that we're all on Candid Camera because Palin's potential candidacy can't be anything else but a bad joke.

7. The truth is far more easily recalled than a lie.

8. I had the privilege of being the commencement speaker a few weeks back for a high school graduation. While terrifying, the occasion served to remind me how fleeting youth is and how important it is, as a homeschool parent, to nuture the sense of curiosity that my children still have about the world around them.

9. I can live without bread, pasta, corn products, flour, processed food and sugar but holy cow, do I ever miss beer. I have yet to sample a gluten-free beer that tastes as good as the worst ale (Molson Golden when it was still an ale) or lager (Red Stripe) on the market. So sad.

10. The definition of stupidity is purchasing one's adolescent son an amp for his electic guitar. Period.

Happy Friday, kids.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment: