Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sucker For A Rainbow

Last week was like walking directly through the middle of a thorn bush.

Naked.

Blindfolded.

And without Bandaids.

Professionally, I could have committed Hari Kari on any one of the five days. My home life left me with a facial tic and a sour belly. Something had to go right or my head was going to explode. I had nattered on and on about parenting and the job and blah de blah blah but seriously, the good news fairy needed to be spreading some freaking happy dust. Last week was not fun.

I'm not sure exactly what day it was but in the disaster of last week, there was this:


It was breathtaking and quite possibly the largest rainbow I have ever seen. EVER. It wouldn't fit into a single frame on the camera. I was grateful just to stare, take a deep breath and forget about everything else for a few minutes.

Goethe would have appreciated the apparent sturm and drang. Me? Well, I figured that it was a sign of better things to come. Because I'm a salt-throwing, wood-knocking, evil eye-avoiding, superstitious nut job.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back sista......
You're blog is my stevia!!!

Holly said...

Lovely photos Beth - thanks for sharing!