Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Harley and Me

I passed! I passed!

On a cerebral level, I knew that there was no possibility that I was going to fail my written test because unlike some of my university courses, I actually attended the classes. However, being slightly type A, I felt it necessary to suffer through small pockets of apprehension until it was confirmed that I was an official Rider's Edge graduate. I have not wanted anything this badly in a very long time.

After our test, we had a few minutes to peruse the showroom floor before our graduation party got underway. I was so grateful for this time because I FINALLY made a decision on a bike. For days, I had been eyeballing this beautiful, red, Road Glide with a fixed fairing but I wasn't happy with the aesthetics of the nose and I couldn't put my finger on what actually bothered me about it. Then Chad, a fellow classmate, cleared it all up.

"Looks like a Gold Wing." And it does.

So, I left that one behind and took a closer look at the Street Glides. This is the bike that makes my heart quicken so.....



I bought it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go put my head between my legs and breathe deeply.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew it!!!!!!! I was just 2 days shy of the BIG purchase!! I'v been checking all week for that move!
OMG!! You must send pics!! You all dressed up on that Harley.....awesome Beth!!

Anonymous said...

I think that my husband married the wrong cousin-I'm looking at that bike thinking, oh, looks like there is some STORAGE space?
Congratulations-your kids now have the world's coolest mom!

Anonymous said...

and a biker babe was born. Keep it upright. :)