Friday, May 21, 2010

Adaptation

Funny thing about change. While it's unpredictable and often cloaked in disguise and while we resist it with a head-in-the-sand attitude, it comes.

In spite of us or more accurately, because of us and most especially when you have been asking for it and unconsciously directing energy towards it.

Why is it then, that I seem surprised and freaking terrified at the prospect of allowing it into our lives? Don't I preach that there is always something good that comes out of something initially perceived as bad?

That hurdles are really just bridges in camouflage? I have to remind myself to BREATHE. Exhale. Trust.

I was speaking to a colleague the other day about a project that we have been working on together and I told her to, "Buckle up" because the next year looks like it's going to be a heck of a ride. I was excited but conservative because I understand exactly how hard we are going to have to work to achieve our definition of success. My philosophy is one step in front of the other. Steady.

Last night, just after I shut off the light and as I allowed the peace of the darkness to wash over me, my heart jolted for a second as I acknowledged that I had better have my own seat belt fastened because there is no denying it. It's here. It's happening right now.

Change is here.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: