Monday, July 25, 2011

DAY ONE OF REBOOT

It is my third wedding anniversary today and I am happy to say that my husband is still the best thing that has ever happened to me and my children. Since it is our third year together, tradition holds that we exchange gifts of a leather theme and yep, RIGHT THERE, I saw your mind forming a punch line. Dallas did some research and learned that a more modern celebration of one's third anniversary included an official gem. Hence, I woke up this morning to find these.

I love them and I never would have bought them for myself, which makes them that much more special.

What did I get for him?

Well, nothing yet because I am a) a procrastinator of exceptional calibre and b) my head is so damn foggy from lack of caffeine that I am considering just waltzing my arse back to bed instead of finding just the right card and gift for the love of my life. I am aware of how badly I suck but on this vegetarian juicy juice reboot extravaganza, I just can't bring myself to care.

I had no idea how important my morning coffees were until today.

This replaced my morning Joe.


Kale, celery, a few apples, spinach and ginger. It had a bit of a woodsy taste, which took some getting used to but it tasted pretty good.

And let me tell you, it takes an astonishing number of carrots to extract the three cups of juice I needed for a raw soup we ate for lunch.

I know it is only day one and on the whole, it really isn't that awful but at this point, I think I could be persuaded to sell one of my children for a Starbuck's.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Rosie said...

OMG, I am sorry but this is insanity. :-) Please post everyday and let us know how it goes. The caffeine withdrawal ALONE would be something undertaken only on it's own. I can't imagine the lack of protein and fat. You will be INSANE by the end of this. I hope it goes ok for you. Send me a link to what it is you are doing if you can. I am very interested. It sounds like downright self-inflicted torture! *hugs* and mwah! xoRo

Rosie said...

its*