Monday, February 2, 2009

Superbowl 2009

It seems like the Superbowl is usually a blow out. Now I am sure that there have been many contests where this is not the case so please don't send me email detailing those games. I believe you.

I'm all about the whole experience. Sometimes, the game itself turns out to be the anti-climax, the opening band, or a shitty meal in a great restaurant so it's a good thing that the Superbowl has become an entertainment production. To me, Superbowl is finger food, adult beverages, half time and the commercials.

It came as a surprise last night to find myself fully engaged at 8:50 pm. The announcers called it the greatest comeback in Superbowl history. I was just really pleased to see such a close game, especially after Dallas filled me in on Kurt Warner's history. Unbelievable. The only thing better, of course, would have been to see Arizona win. The last touchdown of the game was heartbreak personified.

Actually, the whole event was pretty great. Besides the excitement of the game, Bruce Springsteen ROCKED the halftime. I know that some of his die hard fans called it a sell out and were upset with the news that he was going to play the Superbowl but just one look at him up on the stage having the time of his life should have put all of that nonsense to rest. He was clearly loving every minute of that show. Even the shtick at the end.

And the commercials were pretty funny. My top three picks:




Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Holly said...

We didn't watch the game, even for the commercials, which is what I sometimes do.

Years ago, if you missed the superbowl, you missed the commercials. Period.

Now, they list them all on one internet page, where you can vote for each one. So one day this week, I'll watch them all from there, and not have to suffer through the game! :-) Can you tell I'm not an NFL fan?!