Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Tooth Fairy Cometh

Olivia arrived home from school yesterday with a huge smile on her face. It didn't immediately hit me until she took her index finger and pointed at her mouth.

Apparently, one of her front teeth had finally given up the battle with her thumb and fallen out. We'd been on a tooth watch since last spring when both front teeth were noticeably loose and Liv spent hours wiggling them back and forth with her tongue. After cutting a swath of her hair and making an eyebrow disappear six weeks before the wedding, I had warned Olivia to leave her mouth alone until the wedding photos had been snapped. It was bad enough that we live in what some might consider "redneck country" without my daughter doing the Deliverance remix for the wedding. See below.



I can hear the banjos. Seriously.

The tooth fairy came last night and Liv was very pleased this morning. It's comforting to know that my daughter still thinks a single dollar bill has value. I realize that those days are numbered so I basked in the sweetness of it all and shot warning looks at my son who was just bursting at the seams to educate her on the realities of life.

While Dallas and I were finishing up in the bathroom, we heard a knock on our door. Olivia had more news to share. She'd extracted her other tooth.
"That means another dollar, right?"
Hmm...I'm not sure whether to be disturbed or proud of her entrepreneurial spirit.

Strangely, I much prefer this look over last night's. And her new lisp is absolutely adorable.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julien just lost his 2 front teeth, so the two of them will have matching smiles-too cute!! Our babies aren't babies anymore...they look so different!

Holly said...

Awe, how sweet! I miss those days - the only teeth left to loose are those off to the side, so no longer have the cuteness factor when they are missing. Oh, and mine of course, as I feel like I'm aging so quickly lately, that I'm sure teeth are going to start falling out soon!