Wednesday, September 23, 2009

eBay Blues

When eBay first debuted, I didn't think it would go anywhere because really, who the heck would purchase items sight unseen from an auction house?

Yeah, complete miss on that one. It's right up there with me turning down the opportunity to import the RipStik® for fear of insurance liability issues. Stupid.

Anyway, like a ton of other people, I was hooked on eBay the first time that I tried it out. I love the whole competition side of it where sometimes, bidding strategy is necessary to win the item. I got my first iPhone that way and once I realized that I had won (choking on the fact that I'd just agreed to pay the equivalent of my Harley note FOR A STINKING PHONE), I was quite pleased with myself.

When I need weird or hard to get items like Tim Horton's coffee or golden syrup from New Zealand, I turn to eBay, which was the case during the Labour Day long weekend.

I've been using Arbonne®'s skin care products for years. I've tried gobs of other brands from the ultra expensive to the cheap and dirty. Nothing else that I've used gives me the same results. (is it just me or do I sound like a commercial?) This past spring, while Dallas and I were driving to Florida, he asked if I had been using something different on my skin. I looked over at him, astonished, because I had recently switched to a wallet burning product that I found at Sephora and I couldn't believe he had noticed. "You can tell?" I asked, expecting that he was going to comment about my newly glorious Hollywood glow and he nodded.

"Your wrinkles here (touching the dimple area on my left cheek)are pretty noticeable and they weren't like that before."

*blink* *blink*

After removing the fork from his eye, I understood that he was just trying to be helpful and I resigned myself to having to go back to Arbonne. The trouble for me is that Arbonne is a network marketing company and it's a hassle to deal with the whole distributorship/recruiting/BEST-OPPORTUNITY-OF-YOUR-LIFE stuff but there is no denying how good the product is so consequently, eBay became my answer. Or so I thought.

On September 7th, I won and paid for my product.

I still haven't got it yet.

The seller, who has a great rating, has emailed me twice and only because I emailed her first gently inquiring about when I could expect my package. I was given some song and dance about the post office, yadda, yadda, tracking, blah, blah, get back to me Saturday. Saturday came and went. Sunday, I sent my second email asking if she had learned anything. Nope, department closed, talk to you Monday...And guess what? Big shocker but no communication. No resolution. Nothing.

So what do I do? I don't want to be a total cow. Leaving negative feedback on eBay is a bit like honking one's horn in traffic. It feels impolite. I just want my damn moisturizer. I'M WRINKLING UP AT THE SPEED OF SOUND OVER HERE!

Any suggestions?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Holly said...

Sorry - no constructive suggestions will come from me regarding ebay and/or paypal. Bad experience with them - involving well over $100, items that did not work, and absolutely zero help with return/refund from either ebay or paypal. Nope, don't deal with either one of them anymore.