Monday, September 14, 2009

Yawn

Easy weekend full of normal, responsible homeowner stuff like painting, grocery shopping and vacuuming. It was delightfully boring.

The fall allergy season has kicked in and my head is in a state that requires constant ibuprofen ingestion. A pounding headache woke me up out of a dead sleep last night, which is always fun. There is just nothing like the sweaty dry heaves at 1:48 am to ring in a Monday morning.

Tomorrow, I am flying to the East Coast on business which will leave my very fabulous husband having to deal with my not so fabulous ex husband. I am not worried, though. All Dallas has to do is open his mouth, utter "mate" in his delicious accent, and my ex husband instantly feels like he is an extra in a Peter Jackson movie.

Dylan had his first football game on Saturday and he did well considering his exposure to the sport is only two weeks old. I just love that he's part of a team and out there sweating his tail off rather than spending hours in front of his laptop. I sense a small shift for him both in confidence and attitude. On Saturday, one of his friends we haven't seen in ages, showed up and invited him over to hang out and then Sunday, he again spent most of the day outside with Liv and some of the neighbourhood kids. It was all very angst-free and functional which was a welcome break from some of the high drama we've experienced lately.

So that's it, really. There just isn't much to tell. The minutiae of life.

And if the truth were to be told, I have to admit that I'm thrilled to be steeped in the mundane.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Holly said...

Aww, sounds like you had a lovely weekend. Hope your trip goes well!