Monday, January 4, 2010

Snow Daze

Today is the first day back to school and work for our family. Except it hasn't worked out that way because Murphy and I are apparently joined at the hip.

Yesterday morning, we woke up to a fresh blanket of snow on the ground. This concerned us because in spite of the fact that we experience these conditions EVERY YEAR, we live in a town that refuses to buy the equipment necessary to clear the bloody roads. Thus, here we are Monday morning, with below freezing temperatures as the predicted highs and big surprise, THE SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED. Worse, the gym is closed.

It offends the Canadian in me.

Anyway, I'm working from home which is not ideal, but it does afford me the opportunity to wear my slippers and sweats all day. What I can't share with you because I have no way to upload it, is the sound of my daughter playing upstairs. She's uniquely vocal.

The television is turned on to a loud, repetitive cartoon and Liv expresses herself in a sort of singsong, high-pitched screech. It's like all of her make believe characters are the lead in a bad Broadway musical. They don't talk to each other. They sing. Sort of. Like Yoko Ono.

In any case, it's distracting.

The weather forecast for the next couple of days includes snow and temperatures low enough to set regional records. The prospect of moving to Florida has become a whole lot more appealing.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: