Monday, April 19, 2010

Back in Hong Kong

Hi kids.

I'm in Hong Kong.

But for the last several days, I was in mainland China and they don't let me blog there anymore. It's not because I'm a political dissident or a rabble rouser or a bad egg. I'm not on any Chinese government watch list or anything. It's just that the powers that be have decided that they don't want their masses to partake of any non state-controlled social media like Blogger, Facebook or Twitter. And listen, I know the whole "when in China..." thing but I have to admit that being blocked from accessing these sites got my panties in a bunch.

It also made me especially appreciative of where I live.

Anyhoo...

I'm going to have to run. I'm sorry. I am headed over to Shenzhen, which is close to Hong Kong, relatively speaking, but still requires yet another pass through Chinese customs. My client and I will be spending the day at a factory over there. I'll try to get some pics up tonight from the last couple of days.

More later..

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: