Friday, April 9, 2010

Litterbox Nightmares

We recently purchased a new litter box for our cat.

Yes, another one. I know this has you scratching your head and wondering if we are serial litter box purchasers because we seem to be obsessed. And you would be right. We are. Or rather, I am.

See, animal waste is really problematic for me. I'm not one of those back to nature gals that will go for a walk in the forest and find a pile of scat endlessly interesting. I prefer not to see it and, dear god, please don't let me smell it.

Because I will be able to smell it for days.

In weird places.

Like my sock drawer.

Anyway...

Last year, I was at a pet product trade show and saw this machine:

And I know it looks like a giant cat toilet. It touts itself as the "World's Only Self-Flushing, Self-Washing Cat Box".

Apparently, once your cat understands that this is where it is supposed to do its business, your life will be magically transformed and you will never have to think about cat scat again.

This year, Dallas and I were back at that same trade show and decided to take advantage of show prices and purchase one of these units.

After shelling out an insane amount of money, I happened to go online and read some of the more recent reviews for the product. And they aren't pretty. People talk of toxic smells and "cooked poo".

I'M SCARED.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

RoRo said...

Hahahaha. Cooked poo! Please keep us updated on this one! I can't wait! xR

Mark N said...

I've seen those things on a gadget show over here. I did wonder what sort of insane person would spend their money on something like that. I can't believe you're confessing your shame to the world. I'm kinda hooked on knowing whether it works though... :)

Mark N said...

I can't see a blogger subscribe button :(