Wednesday, October 31, 2007

It's Hallowe'en..finally

I apologize for the lack of posts. I'm absolutely swamped at work and all hell has broken loose over the quality issue that first came to light while I was in China. It's a huge deal and I'm sick about it. It's one of those situations where there is no solution in sight so that tense, thick knot of yuck doesn't dissipate.

Olivia woke up this morning at the crack of flipping 4:00 am dawn and announced that today was Hallowe'en. She did this yesterday and Monday too, so when she put her chubby little hands on my face and got this close to me to make her announcement, she was somewhat uncertain.

(Sigh) "Yes, Liv. It's Hallowe'en today but Mummy needs to sleep for a bit longer or she'll be a wicked witch all day long."

"Mama, that's okay. Even witches get candy." Yes, I suppose they do and with that, I surrendered and got out of bed.

There is nothing like a child to help you put things into perspective.

(pictures to follow later on today)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween my crazy Ameri-Can cousin!! looking forward to some pics!!! have a fun night with the kiddos! :)
jennie

Anonymous said...

Have fun with your 2 spooks!
Welcome home!
cindi