Thursday, July 2, 2009

Coming in off the Ledge

I woke up this morning with a giant knot of anxiety in my belly.

We're moving.

The sheer amount of work that has to be done before we go is threatening to occupy my every waking thought. We have a flower bed to prune, plant, weed and mulch. We have all of those small household fix-it jobs like replacing melted and BB-gunned siding (don't ask), paint work, carpet cleaning, etc., etc. We need to rent our house out and I have never entertained the possibility of it not renting.

Until just this morning that is.

We've got mortgages up the wazoo so the prospect of having to carry those, plus our new rent in Florida. Oh my.

Next week, Dallas and I are headed down to the Sunshine State to secure our housing and get the children enrolled in school. Two weeks later, we are off to a much needed but ill-timed holiday in Mexico. We haven't landed on a mover yet but my husband, seeing that my edges have started to fray, has generously offered to shoulder that particular burden.

I'm sure that once we are settled and life returns to some sort of routine, I'll look back on this time and chastise myself for the unnecessary anxiety. Until then, I'm going to get on the Harley, turn the tunes up and ride until it doesn't matter anymore.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Holly said...

hmmmm..... Parker's 11th birthday was yesterday. I'm glad now that we choose not to get him a BB gun (our first choice) and instead got him a nice watch. Cop out, I know, but I'm not ready to have the house, barn, windows, critters.... BB'd yet! :-)