Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday Thoughts

I am drowning in work.

Next month, I will spend more days away from my home than in it and if I think about that for more than a few minutes, it makes my stomach hurt. It's hard to know where to draw the line, especially in the current economic climate and frankly, I'm not the most adept person at saying no.

Of course, being busy is a good problem to have except that between my professional obligations and my life as wife, mother and gym enthusiast, the bloggy side of me is suffering. So please forgive me both for the randomness of the following thoughts and the fact that they are bullet pointed.

  • American Idol: I love it in spite of the fact that I am an emotional sap and cried right along with the final 24 contestants as they learned that they made it through.
  • Speaking of hormones: Mine are all over the map. I think I need pharmaceuticals. Or a truckload of chocolate. Or some wild yam cream. Or a personal assistant.
  • Marriage: It's like being wrapped in a warm, comfortable sweater. I love my husband.
  • Teenagers: Irrational, terminally lazy, foul, emotionally retarded, giant, sucking holes of self entitlement and need.
  • Books: Can't seem to settle my mind long enough to absorb a single sentence. I miss losing myself in a story.
  • Treadmill: Love/hate relationship. Love the feeling of getting a great cardio workout. Love the flood of endorphins immediately afterward that bathe the world in a soft, benevolent glow. Hate that my knees hurt so badly that I can hardly walk the next day. There has to be a solution because every single one of the really fit women at the gym spends a considerable amount of time on the treadmill. Is it the chicken egg thing? Do you have to be in prime shape to run on the treadmill without pain or do you run on the treadmill to get into prime shape?
  • Tiger Woods: His personal life is none of my business and frankly, I don't want to waste a single second clucking over his transgressions. They don't interest me. Apology? Oh dear God, you've got to be kidding me. That choir boy image he had is gone, never to return. He's human and flawed like the rest of us slobs so, can we all just shed the pretension and get the greatest golfer that has ever played the game back on the links?
  • Beer, pizza and Buffalo Wild Wings: Yes, yes and um..yes.
  • Birthdays: Although mine came with a hot stone massage I'll be experiencing tomorrow, birthdays are better when they're not your own. Like grandchildren.
Okay, that's it. I'm hoping to have something more insightful and better written next week. I'll be in Philly for a couple of days so at least we can talk cheesesteak, right.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: