Monday, June 2, 2008

Quick and Dirty Update

There has been so much going on that I just don't know where to start. Obviously, I have been slightly overwhelmed lately, hence the lack of posts and an eye that WON'T STOP TWITCHING!

Dallas's ex is back from her spiritual sojourn on the east coast. I'll be darned but within 48 hours of being home, she's looking for a little financial influx from our general direction.

Imagine that.

In other news, it seems that teenage daughter adjusted to having a stocked refrigerator, hot water and a clean house because she made the decision to stay with us instead of returning to the other house. This announcement came while we were grocery shopping last weekend and resulted in me shedding a few tears right there in the deli section of Wal-Mart. I was quite proud of her for choosing a healthier situation especially since there were significant emotional pressures to choose otherwise.

Now Dallas and I just need to figure a compassionate way to ask ex wife to leave the other house so we can gut the inside refurbish and rent the place out. Did I mention that we own that place and have been paying all of the bills for the last half year? Now that the children are living with us, there is no conceivable reason to continue the economic outpatient care. We talked about it briefly this weekend and the mere thought of asking his ex to leave made him slightly nauseous. He's hoping that she'll do the right thing and vacate of her own accord. I'm hoping that the fat on my arse will be sucked out in the middle of the night. So yeah, we both have our fantasies.

Our honeymoon plans were finalized this weekend, which is a huge relief. We worked with this great travel guy who still took my phone calls even though I changed my mind 400 times only to end up booking at the first resort he showed us. Yep, I'm THAT client. But no matter. Dallas and I are a honeymoon cliché. No, we aren't going to Hawaii. We're off to the white sandy beaches of Mexico. Actually, travel guy sat me down and put it all into perspective. He told me that Aruba, Antigua, Negril, British Virgin Islands, the Dominican Republic, Turks and Caicos, Trinidad and Tobago AND eastern Mexico all had one thing in common: white beaches and hot, sunny weather. As long as there were pools, alcohol and decent food, why did we want to pay through the nose for additional airfare to go to someplace that soaked up an entire day each way in travel? Well, when he put it like that, I was forced to wrench my head from my ass. Dallas had said as much several weeks earlier but I've been practicing for the day that we are legally married, so I ignored him like any good wife would.

One other chore we took care of this weekend was purchasing our wedding bands. We visited the jeweler several months previous and had picked out our bands. We're not really a matchy matchy couple so we felt liberated to choose those styles that appealed to our own personal taste. Dallas opted for a simple, unadorned ring. It is understated and very masculine, which suits him perfectly.

I went for the bling.

To go with my sparkling personality.

And a strange thing happened. We looked at the engagement ring setting that went with the band I had picked out and decided that we liked it better than the one I had been wearing. So, we traded it in and two hours later, I had a spanking brand new engagement ring on my finger, in a full size smaller. Go figure.

So after beating our credit cards to a pulpy mess this weekend and setting our wallets on fire, Dallas and I retreated home and had a few moments of silence for our debt to income ratio. Ah well, money is for spending, right?

Did I mention that we were existing on 500 calories a day? Oh yes. More on that tomorrow.

No wonder my fucking eye won't stop twitching.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: