Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Diet Update

Dallas and I elected to do the short version of the HCG diet. I lost 13. He dropped 17, which makes me want to hurt him just a little considering his portion sizes were bigger and he's a closet cheater. Actually, this time he was pretty dedicated and stalled for a few days only when he used one of those water enhancement powders from Lipton. We're now on three weeks of no carbs, which might sound restrictive to some but for us, it's a small slice of nirvana.

On Sunday, we ventured back to our neighbourhood gym. I was eager to go because my head was on fire it had been months since either of us had worked out. My excitement lasted to about the six minute mark on the elliptical at which point I was gasping for breath. Dallas was on a treadmill right beside me and I could tell from the set of his mouth that he was labouring through his cardio piece, as well.

After spending thirty five minutes reliving every cigarette that I have ever smoked, I stepped off the elliptical and staggered over to the weight machines for a little weight bearing hell. Dallas joined me a few minutes later and the two of us managed to complete a decent upper body routine. Words were scarce on the way home. i think I said, "Advil" and he grunted.

Actually, it wasn't that bad. I am a bit sore through the chest this morning but nothing debilitating. Unfortunately, we were hit with a terrible ice storm and the gym is closed today which means that I will be forced to do my yoga DVD at home tonight.

That is never pretty.

But I'm not worried. Dallas has a ring on his finger now so when he comes home to see the expanse of my ass in the plow pose, I'm sure he'll just close his eyes and go to his happy place. Marriage is good like that.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Holly said...

Bwahaha! But honestly, I'm sure you have to go to YOUR happy place sometimes too, no? :-)

Anonymous said...

Bet he'd like Downward facing dog better! Ha!