Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Mini Interview

My friend, Maggie over at Maggie's Mind, had a nifty meme on her blog last week. You can read her post here. She got the idea from Maria. Basically, it works like an interview. Maggie asks me 5 questions and I provide the answers.

A.What's the last thing you bought online? Whew! Let me tell you how relieved I was to get this question before purchasing Leisa's birthday gift. Let's just say THAT would have been enormously awkward. Anyway, the last thing I bought online was flavoured Stevia. Tired of being gouged by the health food store but still needing water that tastes like chocolate milk, I found more reasonable prices online.

B. What's your favorite thing about New Zealand? Besides the fact that it is home to several people that I fiercely love, New Zealand is unparalleled in it's natural beauty. I haven't yet been to the South Island but I'm told that it's breathtaking. The two pics below are of places on the North Island.

(Gisborne, care of New Zealand Travel)

(Rotorua and Mt. Tarawera, courtesy of the University of Waikato)

C. How would you describe an ideal day? The perfect day would start with Dallas and I sleeping until we woke up naturally. No alarm. We'd then have coffee in bed while reading with the knowledge that we didn't have any obligations. Later, we'd get up, shower, have a little breakfast and then head out on our Harleys. The day would be warm and sunny with no humidity. We'd ride to the beach and spend the day there. The kids would arrive separately and they wouldn't fight. That night, we'd have a big lobster boil. Our extended families would have flown in for the event. My brother and two of my cousins would play music, while the young kids made s'mores over the fire pit. We'd sip drinks, talk and laugh ourselves stupid long into the night.

D. What sports do you like to play? I love golf. I am a crappy golfer but occasionally, when my club meets the ball in just the right way and I make a beautiful shot, life in that moment, is flawless.

E. If you could get one straight answer from a psychic, what would you ask? My first thoughts in answer to this question were of my children and if they would be healthy and happy as adults. Then, I wondered if it would be better to learn when and how I might die and if it would hurt. But shamefully, I decided to be pragmatic. If a psychic could give me an accurate, straight answer, I'm no fool. I'd ask to know the winning numbers of tomorrow's Powerball lottery, currently estimated at $146 million. Hello tropical island, tanned young cabana boys and drinks with umbrellas.

Well, that's it for me. If you would like to be interviewed, drop a comment letting me know. There are a few rules:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions - I'll need your email address! I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome answers! I love your ideal day and hadn't even thought about something so reasonable to ask a reliable psychic. You are smart, and New Zealand is crazy beautiful. Wow.

Holly said...

Great answers!

Oh, and I spent 2 weeks on the south island, did the Milford Walk, etc., and NZ is just absolutely gorgeous! I'd visit there again in a heartbeat!