Monday, October 12, 2009

Autumn

Okay, it is officially fall down here in pseudo Dixie.

The weekend before last, while the hubby was at a Nascar race in Kansas City, I rode out to Eureka Springs to meet some friends for a late lunch. I'd had a pretty busy day and I was anxious to get back on the road and on my way. I threw it into first gear, started down the driveway and then feeling a slight nip in the air, thought I had better turn around and throw my leathers into the saddle bags just in case.

Good thinking because several hours later, when we were riding home in the dark, winding through the foothills of the Ozark Mountains, those body bits that weren't clad in leather were mighty chilly. My teeth chattered.

And I enjoyed every freaking second of it.

I LOVE this time of year. Besides the fresh smell of cold, rosy cheeks, pumpkin and puffs of smoke from the season's first fires, autumn is the season of the tightwad.

No more air conditioning bills. ($300/month)
No more lawn mowing bills. ($140/month)
No more impractical, painful, strappy sandals = no more weekly pedicures. ($140/mth)
No more bikinis. (Priceless)

So now, we've got all this extra bank to spend on things like Botox injections.

Autumn is most definitely my favourite time of year.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Holly said...

Oh my God, you ARE brave - bikini!?!?!