Friday, June 29, 2007

I love Fridays

Gosh, is it Friday again, already?!! Just kidding. I've been looking forward to this day all week because, as you know, today is the day the Nazi comes to clean my house. I cannot wait to go home and walk in with everything in its place and smelling so fresh. It's just my little slice of heaven.

A weird thing happened yesterday. As an office, we have recently employed the services of a traveling massage therapist. She uses one of those nifty massage chairs and for fifteen minutes of pure bliss, her fingers dig way down deep into laptop hunch shoulders and impossibly knotted backs. Afterwards, each one of us looks like we just had great sex and for the rest of the afternoon, we gulp water like we're on a Saharan safari.

Well, after she had finished I noticed a strange pins and needles feeling in my left hand. I really didn't give it much thought until I got home and it became more pronounced. I called my sister (who is a nurse ) and casually mentioned that my hand was numb. I tried very hard to hide the edge of hysteria that I knew was starting to creep into my voice. I'm forty, after all, and I'm thinking numb hands probably means I'm going to keel over at any second begging for a baby aspirin. She quickly dispelled that nonsense (except if the numbness spreads and I start slurring my words) and told me that i was most likely suffering from a pinched ulnar nerve. S0, I am headed back to the therapist's office where she is promising heat and "glides". Whatever. I just want her to fix this hand so that I can golf tomorrow.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: