Friday, June 22, 2007

Yankee Doodle Dandy

My friend from work has a 7 year old son and a 5 year old daughter. Well, the other night she told them to head upstairs to shower. They have shared bathtime since they were young and it was one of the few moments in the day when my friend was able to relax for 10 minutes. The kids played really nicely together.

After about five minutes, my friend walked upstairs because things were unusually quiet and heard her son say something along the lines of, "it's growing". Hmm...probably not good. Well, she poked her head into the bathroom and told them to finish up and get out. She then asked her husband to keep an eye on things. He returned downstairs after several minutes and announced that the shared showers were officially at an end. So my friend went back up to the bathroom to talk to the kids.

As expected, they were looking a bit pensive and my friend calmly explained that now that they've gotten older, certain curiosities had become inappropriate. Her daughter then stated that she merely wanted to see if her brother's winky would sing. My friend let that pass.

Later, when she was brushing her son's hair, she quietly asked him, "What did she think it was going to sing?"

He said, "I don't know...Yankee Doodle Dandy".

With a straight face.

Serious.

Matter of fact.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: