Friday, July 20, 2007

Nostalgia and Nausea

It's Friday and it's been a long, long week. So today, Steph and I are talking about business and somehow, we get onto the topic of the 80's,
which leads to chatter about Michael Jackson,
which moves us onto the debut of the Thriller video,
which parlays into other favourites we experienced as kids,
which naturally takes any woman between the ages of 35 and 45 back to the movie Grease,
which causes said women to think about blue eyes, cleft chin, impossible hair and Greased Lightnin'.

Oh, John Travolta we haved loved you. I have loved you. Grease, Saturday Night Fever, Welcome Back Kotter, Urban Cowboy, Pulp Fiction. Dance for us, baby.

...And then Stephanie showed me this. These images are now horribly seared in my brain. I had almost forgotten that there was a time when Daisy Dukes were acceptable attire for men. Damn you Steph. I HAD ALMOST FORGOTTEN!!!!


**The real horror starts after about a minute and a half***

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: