Thursday, November 22, 2007

Another Thanksgiving Post

Since today is Thanksgiving, I decided to be a total cliche blogger and list all of the things for which I am grateful.

-My children. What can I say? They are the source of my greatest anxiety and also my greatest joy. All three of them surprise me on a daily basis and I am exceptionally fortunate to have a front row seat in their lives.

-Dallas. I love this city. It is the place where the factory responsible for my home run deal is located. It is also the namesake of the man who has my heart.

-Harley-Davidson. Unbridled freedom, wind in my hair, sun on my face, the rumble that sets my cells humming and pure, bubble up from the core of my being, happiness.

-My job. Remember in university, when you'd sit with a group of other students and speculate on the perfect job and the ideal professional environment? My company has exceeded all of my pie in the sky expectations. Oh sure, we have our issues but I don't believe that it gets any better than this.

-I am a non smoker. I'm proud of that. I feel better about myself.

-My family. They're a completely whacked bunch, thank God and they make me laugh until I cry. I love them.

I know that I am living a charmed life. I have my health, a dream job, loyal friends and most of my faculties. I am loved unconditionally. Like everyone else, I have those days that make me want to hide in a spa with chocolate and red wine but they are the exception, not the rule.

In high school on the eve of graduation, my girlfriends and I wrote out what we thought our lives would look like on our 40th birthdays. Of course, we all dreamed of loving husbands, well adjusted children, brick homes and fulfilling careers. We listed all of the fabulous places to which we would travel. We were going to make gobs of money and give most of it away to worthy charities.

A few days ago, I pulled out that piece of paper where I had scribbled my vision of the future and quietly realized that I am one of the fortunate few who is getting to live her dreams.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Beth!!
I'm thankful for you girl!! laughter and tears.....it's what it's all about!! sob, sob..... :)

Anonymous said...

Ditto, baby!
Enjoy your pie-I'll bet your crust rivals Norma's-if that is possible!