Monday, November 12, 2007

Turns Out The Girl's a Dude

This commitment to post every day is nearly killing me. My life just isn't that interesting. I have started doing crazy things like standing outside with an open umbrella, in a storm, begging to be struck by lightning because at least then, I would have blog material.

The pressure to be witty on a daily basis (which is impossible) has found me following my children around with a camera hoping that I will catch a Stepford moment. Since I take sucky photos and I am unable to spend the time necessary to figure out Photoshop, you can imagine how successful this endeavour has been.

However yesterday, a moment or two did present itself on a colleague's farm. Dylan will be learning to ride there every weekend. It seems that my son has inherited his grandmother's horse whispering talents. He's a natural.



Olivia got into the action, as well. Please note that I have learned to pick my battles. Thus on the weekends, I do not spar with her over her eclectic fashion sense.



Dylan was scheduled to leave on a serious ride so Olivia and I spent a few minutes in the barn. Instantaneously, she made friends with one of the kittens. It followed her around and entwined itself around her legs looking for some attention. It would not leave Liv's side so we took it home. (I blame the lapse in judgment on blogging pressures)

Olivia named her Sally. This was their afternoon nap.



Turns out that Sally has testicles so now she's Nate.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, too cute!

Nice to see you doing NaBloPoMo!

Anonymous said...

You're the COOLEST mom!
Lucky Livvy and Nate (why Nate?!!)