Friday, November 30, 2007

Last Post for November

My goodness. Is it November 30th already? The month has just flown by, hasn't it? Today is the last day of NaBloPOMo. Thanks for continuing to tune in because believe me, I know how lackluster some of my posts were.

So many things happened this month that I feel a little like Dorothy spinning around in the tornado.

Even though I knew that the colder weather was coming, I was still surprised at how crisp our mornings became. If I had known that my last ride on Big Boy was going to be it for the season, I would have made myself savour it even more (if that's possible). There are those people that ride through the winter months but that won't be me. I despise the cold. There is hope, however. Dallas told me that we can expect approximately ten days during the winter where it will be warm enough to ride. I hope so. Every couple of days, I sneak into the garage and turn the engine over just to sit on the bike and hear the pipes rumble. I am a total dork.

The big deal. It came together and it's a doozy. I can't believe it, really. I don't want to send negative vibes out into the universe but I'm walking around with this feeling like I need someone to pinch me awake. I can't quite get my mind around what this will mean for my family. And I am profoundly grateful.

The gym. I've started up again and it's like going home. I feel good about this decision on a bunch of different levels. This is the first time in my life that I'm not polishing off my workout with a cigarette on the ride home. In a week, the regular activity has already affected the way my pants fit. I'm not really the kind of girl to do something half way (some might classify this as obsessive/impulsive/compulsive) so I expect to be successful in this quest for total health. Right now, the physical, mental and financial parts of my life are looking pretty rosy. Which leaves the emotional.

Dallas. We haven't really discussed what it was that moved us off the friends path but I don't care. I'm happy. We had dinner last night and conversation was so easy even though there were a couple of subjects that could have been uncomfortable like our respective dating lives while we were apart. Again, I'm not interested in analyzing the situation. I just want to let my feelings dictate my response and so far, it's all good.

November was very kind to me and I am mindful once again of how fortunate I am. I will not squander my blessings.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: