Friday, November 2, 2007

T.G.I.F.

Oh, thank GOD it's Friday.

I'm taking today off to see to some personal business and I have never been so happy to welcome the weekend. This has been a monstrously stressful week at the office and I'm not even bearing the full brunt of the issues. My Seinfeldian workmate in one of our satellite offices has had to be the face to our customers and I can only imagine how hard he's hitting the bottle this week has been for him.

This weekend, I'm planning to ride and golf. Close your eyes. I sound like a guy, don't I? I probably need to check that. Anyhoo...Saturday, a friend from work and I will be participating in the last poker run at our Harley store. I've never ridden in one before but apparently, you start at the dealership and then cruise to several different locations. At each place you will be asked to draw one card. Everyone stops for lunch and then rides back and assembles their cards into a poker hand. Best one wins. I don't know what the prize is but who cares? Just getting the itch scratched is enough.

Sunday morning I'm golfing and in the afternoon, Dallas and I are going to ride out to one of our favourite places for a late lunch. The route is lined with huge sugar maples so the scenery should be spectacular. Besides, I love spending time with him.

The weather is chilly enough that I'll have to dress like a serious biker chick. Gloves, my new jacket and leather chaps will be the outfit du jour on both days. Chaps are naughty. It doesn't matter that they serve a purpose. They're wicked. You just never know what a girl might be capable of when she's wearing a pair of chaps.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: