Sunday, November 25, 2007

I'd Rather Be Riding

It's official. I am Scrooge.

I ventured out to another mall today and tried to Christmas shop. I just couldn't get in the spirit, though. I am not the least bit excited.

I did make some purchases but they ended up being for me, which was fine while I was at the mall but sucked when I pulled into my driveway and realized that I had just spent sixty bucks on a sitter and accomplished nothing.

My original plan was to leave all of the shopping until I arrived in Canada because I didn't want to deal with clearing Canadian customs but this plan was flawed for a couple of reasons.

1. Have you seen the exchange rate? Our dollar has sunk like stone against foreign currency and with provincial sales tax and GST, I might as well blow up my credit card right now.

2. I am type A. I am organized. I follow a plan. For me, waiting until the 22nd of December to purchase Christmas gifts is like expecting teenagers to postpone sex until they're married. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. I usually have all of my shopping done by November 30th. I'm a little panicky, already.

3. Traffic in my one horse town might be annoying at times but driving in Victoria, British Columbia is a whole other experience. Blue hair, horse carriages and tourists guarantee that any commute ANYWHERE is slow in the best case scenario and downright dangerous in the worst.

So, I'll try again next weekend and hope that visions of effing sugar plums finally dance in my head.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: